IDSF President Carlos Freitag and Daniele Tondon, the new President of the International Professional DanceSport Council (“IPDSC”), have agreed in principle to begin the next stage of IDSF’s VISION 2012 Programme to create a new IDSF Professional Division as follows:
· At the 2006 IDSF Annual General Meeting in Wels, Austria, the Italian IDSF Member FIDS (Italian DanceSport Federation) proposed the creation of an IDSF Professional Division.
At the 2006 IDSF Annual General Meeting in Wels, Austria, the Italian IDSF Member FIDS (Italian DanceSport Federation) proposed the creation of an IDSF Professional Division.
· At the 2007 IDSF AGM in Barcelona, Spain, the IDSF accepted and supported the formation of IPDSC as a new independent Professional Federation, under the leadership of former IPDSC President Peter Maxwell, with agreement to integrate IPDSC into the future WDSF, as foreseen in IDSF’s VISION 2012 project.
· Some IPDSC Member Bodies are now proposing to dissolve IPDSC in June, 2010 and integrate its supporters and work completely into the IDSF.
· IDSF will invite IPDSC athletes, adjudicators, trainers and other officials to register in a new IDSF Professional Division.
· IDSF will invite the same people to join the IDSF Member bodies in their own countries underspecial guidelines to be published jointly.
· The IPDSC Competition Calendar will be transferred to the IDSF Professional Division withoutchanging names, dates or other important features.
· The IPDSC Competition Rules will be transferred to the IDSF Professional Division withoutchanging any of their important sporting elements.
· IPDSC will transfer registrations of athletes and adjudicators to the IDSF Professional Division, including the IPDSC couples Paolo Bosco & Silvia Pitton and Stefano Di Filippo & Olga Urumova.
· The IDSF Presidium will propose that the 2010 IDSF AGM revise the IDSF Statutes, Rules and Regulations re: representation of the IDSF Professional Division in IDSF, with the goals of openness, cooperation, fairness toward everyone in DanceSport, and the promotion of a stronger, more successful sport .
· Effective today IPDSC President Daniele Tondon will be invited to attend all IDSF Presidium Meetings as a participant in all of the IDSF Presidium’s work.
· Effective today IDSF asks IDSF Members to collaborate more closely with IPDSC professionals re: professional DanceSport competitions.
· Effective today IDSF encourages the inclusion of IDSF Professional Division competitions in all IDSF-granted competitions, and asks that at least one IPDSC couple from each country enter every IDSF Professional Division Championship.
· Effective today IDSF will begin to integrate IPDSC Professionals into the IDSF DanceSport Academy as an institute of education for all DanceSport people.
· In the future, all kind of IOC Recognized Games (World Games, MultiSport Games, Master Games, Asian Games, etc), can be represented as per decision of the correspondent IDSF National Member Federation, by our current IDSF athletes or professional athletes.
We encourage all people of goodwill to join us in this historic transition.
Date: 26th October 2009
Carlos Freitag Daniele Tondon
IDSF President IPDSC President